Hello. My name is Ashaki E. Goodall, and I am the Executive Director of the Lady Liberty Academy Charter School. It is my pleasure to welcome you to our school on behalf of our Board of Trustees and Lady Liberty Academy’s faculty and staff.
School Year 2017-2018 marks the 17th year Lady Liberty Academy has been open and serving students in the Newark, New Jersey and surrounding communities. We have recommitted ourselves to our school’s mission and vision and enhanced our school’s focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) to include the Arts. With the help of partners like Brick City Bricks 4 Kidz and a wonderful committee of teachers, our school is abuzz with the excitement exploring science and math can bring.
At the October 2017 Board of Trustees Meeting, our Board approved four school goals for the year:
- Using PARCC and other school data, Lady Liberty Academy will demonstrate progress in student achievement with emphasis on Math and ELA.
- Lady Liberty Academy will focus on innovative STEM initiatives that will inspire and expose our students to STEM careers.
- Lady Liberty Academy will continue to improve school climate among all stakeholders as evidenced by results of the annual parent, staff, and student climate surveys.
- Lady Liberty Academy will continue to improve community outreach and build partnerships that align with the mission, vision, and priorities of the school.
The school’s administration team and I have identified three instructional focus areas that will guide our work in achieving these school goals and increasing our students’ academic performance, particularly on the annual PARCC assessment. Our entire school instructional staff participates in frequent and explicit conversations about the ways we must support:
- the collaboration and planning between special education and general education teachers to improve academic outcomes for all students;
- the teaching of critical mathematical concepts so that our students demonstrate mastery in this core subject area; and
- the promotion of good writing amongst our students.
The Lady Liberty Academy faculty and staff are excited to continue our work in delivering a high-quality education to our students, and we cordially invite you to visit our school and catch the S.P.A.R.C.!
Ashaki E. Goodall